Overview | Breathing | Postures
Guidelines for Breathing (Pranayama)
- Sit quietly, focus on how body is feeling and what mind is thinking.
- Align middle of ankle joint with middle of knee joint and middle of hip joint.
- Sit evenly on sit bones, from left to right and front to back.
- Lengthen and stretch spine upward from sit bones to crown of head.
- Release shoulders downward away from ears.
- Soften skin of skull, release eyeballs into sockets.
- Observe your breathing. Watch breath move into three zones
- Bottom of rib cage and diaphragm
- Middle ribs and side ribs
- Top lungs around collar bones
- Inhale into these three areas softly.
- Breathe for ten breaths quietly.