DISCLAIMER: Before beginning any course of yoga study, consult with your physician or health care practitioner. Yoga is best learned with a qualified instructor and through regular practice. Do not attempt without proper supervision by a certified/qualified yoga instructor.
- Do not force breath or body. If you become breathless or agitated, release and allow breath to move on its own.
- Always finish with a Relaxation and Breathing for at least 10 minutes.
- Practice on an empty stomach when possible. A small glass of juice in the morning may be taken before practice. Also, wait 1-2 hours after a light meal or 3-4 hours after a heavy meal before starting a practice.
- Wear loose-fitting, comfortable clothing. Exercise wear is appropriate, as well. Bare feet are ideal.
- Practice should be conducted out of direct sunlight and free from direct drafts.
- Listen to your body and exercise at your own pace. Do not force movement in any extremity or joint.
- If practicing from a wheelchair, make sure the wheels are in the locked position and if possible, that no-tip bars are on the chair.
- Always consult your health care practitioner or doctor before beginning this or any exercise program.